1. Fragrant pink azaleas blooming.
2. Basking lizards.
4. Cliff views.
6. Cute privies.
8. Hot drinks on a cold morning.
9. Fields with cows.
10. Spring green and Sky blue.
12. Cozy shelters.
13. Being on a woodland path that stretches across thirteen states for over 2000 miles. That’s magical.
14. Sharing a very special place and new experiences with a dear friend who’d never been backpacking before.
It’s easy living, and time stretches in beautiful ways on the Appalachian Trail.
It’s a joy to get out of my mind and into my body.
To breathe hard going uphill.
To feel the heat and the cold and the wind.
To eat because I’m really hungry.
To stay hydrated like I never seem to manage to do in “real life”.
To walk and walk and walk with nothing to do all day but walk.